The FUTURE of laser vision correction is
Now, Dr. Jonathan D. Christenbury can customize your visual freedom by using the first all-laser LASIK procedure that is FDA-approved to provide a fully customized treatment for your unique visual needs. WaveFront Guided CUSTOMIZED iLASIK addresses problems that have never been detected before!
FDA Approves Custom
iLASIK Treatment for
Farsightedness and Astigmatism!
An exciting new WaveFront Custom iLASIK procedure has just received approval by the FDA for patients with hyperopia, commonly called farsightedness, and for those with astigmatism.
During clinical studies, patients treated with WaveFront Custom iLASIK reported high rates of satisfaction with the procedure. More than four times as many patients were very satisfied with their night vision after the procedure compared to how they felt previously when just wearing glasses or contact lenses.
Patients can also feel confident in knowing that the FDA feels the WaveFront Custom iLASIK procedure for farsightedness and astigmatism exceeded their requirements for both safety and effective correction.
WaveFront Mapping Technology -
The Wave of the Future!
Now it’s possible to capture, measure and treat both lower and higher-order visual errors with the new and advanced WaveFront Mapping technology.
WaveFront Guided CUSTOMIZED
iLASIK Means Great Vision!
WaveFront Guided CUSTOMIZED iLASIK combines the precision and safety of the blade-free iLASIK procedure with the improved visual results of the WaveFront Guided treatment. The goal for WaveFront Guided CUSTOMIZED iLASIK is to give you better results than traditional LASIK by improving the quality of your vision. According to Dr. Christenbury:
All-Laser Blade Free iLASIK Means
How the Process Works
1. WaveFront Mapping System - Unique visual distortions are captured, measured and converted to a WaveFront Map.
2. Exclusive Targeting Software - All individual measurements, including the WaveFront Map, are integrated to assist Dr. Christenbury in selecting the best combination of lasers for your vision correction.
3. IntraLase FS - All laser, blade free iLASIK creates a better foundation for your laser vision correction, virtually eliminating potential complications associated with traditional LASIK.
4. WaveFront-Guided Customized iLASIK - The WaveFront map is transferred to the corresponding excimer laser system and becomes the guide for treatment.
5. The Treatment – After the IntraLase FS creates the corneal flap, the excimer laser uses a small beam to precisely reshape the cornea to correct both lower and higher-order visual distortions, then the corneal flap is reseated.
6. Ideal WaveFront Map – Ideal Vision - By treating all of the errors in your optical system, WaveFront-Guided Customized iLASIK can potentially improve the quality of your vision with better results than traditional LASIK.